Irony
With all the hype around chrome, I wanted to point out to a few readers that you can have chrome without the google.
SRW Iron is one of these, it happens to be the version I use for site compat testing.
You can find it here: http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php
NOTE: The site might look a bit fishy at first glance, but it's legit.
(In all fairness I split my own usage between FireFox with adblock+ and Opera, chrome just lacks some features I like. It also handles a few sites poorly, but that could very well be sloppy coding by the webmasters)
Buzzbird
Also tried buzzbird, seems a very nice little twitter client.
Was looking for a desktop client that was small, simple, open source and that did not require a large 3rd party platform like AIR or .NET.
Still marked beta, but I have had no serious gripes so far.
UPDATE:Hm, it seems to lose the 'read' flag whenever the program is closed. Also cannot find a filter for say updates within the last hour/day.
To get it go here: http://getbuzzbird.com/bb/
RSSOwl 2.0.4
The current rssowl version seems more stable than the one I tried over a year ago. So far no gripes.
Labels: computer


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home