We want more! (Zelda:TP)
Where oh where has he been the past week? That is a very interesting question. Mostly preparing for the second half of my certification exam. But also playing Zelda Twilight Princess. For those interested: I played the GC version and it worked like a charm. I suspect the only part of this game that might be more fun with the wiimote is the fishing. Never been a big fishing fan myself so can't see me getting the Wii version.
Absolutely loved to have a decent Zelda under my fingers again. And one that has some decent exploring again. yes I know you could more or less explore in Wind waker too. Provided your idea of exploring was seeing water, water, a stray island and oh yes even more water. This one has the good old hidden caves and secrets again.
It's not all good though. I will refrain from spoilers but would have liked to see an extra melee weapon. Be it another sword upgrade or a secondary weapon. Actually dual wielding swords would have been cool.
The magic armor is without a doubt the most pointless item in the game. It costs nearly 600 and I have yet to find any practical use for it anywhere. The idea is cute in a way. You wear it and instead of taking direct damage this piece of Armour takes it out of your wallet instead. Sounds good doesn't it? Except that it eats about 2 to 3 rupees per second just for wearing it PLUS reducing your cash flow with a certain amount for every bit of damage you take. Once you are out of rupees it stops reducing damage and makes you even slower than while .. Oh right if i say that it'd count as a spoiler. :-P
The ending is.. very Zelda style I suppose. But even more so in a way. And rather annoying. It's impossible to go into details without causing major spoilers so I won't. but those of you that have beaten this game will more than likely know what I'm on about. I know that most Zelda fans in various groups and on message boards feel the same way.
I want a sequel. I want it now!
Labels: games


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home